22 February 2006

The Inaugural Post

OK, it's not my first step into the blogosphere. Actually, my first step involved posting some Christian-themed teachings and reflections over at a site I had set up on Tripod in the mid-to-late '90s, before blogging became the smoothly-engineered (?) rage it is now.

In 2003, I had one set up on my community's server dealing with faith, politics, and world events (now long neglected), and for the last few months was a regular on the provisions made for blogging over at Myspace (mostly dealing with RKBA and the idiocy so commonly displayed by the Left, and discussing various displays of Islamostupidity).

Problem with Myspace, you can't really do much in the way of interaction with the "outside world." I had hopped on the crusade to show how ridiculous the Million Moonbat March is, and in the course of that, came into contact with like-minded souls like David Codrea of War on Guns.

Let me explain the MMM and the method folk like David, myself, the South Park Pundit (from whom I first heard about it), Cowboy Blob, and others have approached it: It's an "online petition" at controlarms.org, which is a quaint way of saying "an exercise in vain leftist futility." They may very well get their million signatures (supposedly they're 75% of the way there already), but some of them are repeat offenders (I've signed up five times myself, using different names)--not that this changes anything in the moonbat mentality; you can die and still be an eligible voter in their sight.

Secondly, who's going to do something about it? The U.N.? Both of their cojones are star-spangled, and for as long as we have the 2nd Amendment, they're not going to do much in the way of passing any sort of small arms treaty, at least, not any with teeth. And even in the snowball's chance in hell probability that whatever treaty/resolution does get passed, they are going to have one hell of a time doing something about the hundreds of millions of small arms already in circulation. In fact, it would only increase the demand of personal small arms, for, as you know, nothing creates more demand in an item than forbidding it.

So, to demonstrate both the vacuousness of the petition, and the dangerous ramifications of gun control, gunbloggers have been signing up for it, posting either their own faces with a jab, like this rough dude below:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

(That's my fourth attempt to get my face on their petition. David has the other attempts on his blog.)

Or we've been finding pictures of famous dictators, despots, criminals, sex offenders, and putting them online. We've seen Pol Pot, Hugo Chavez, several famous Nazis (one more will be there if "Manuel" can make the cut:)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

oh, and murderers, too, like this homey:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

You get the idea. Unsavory types who would love for you to be less capable of defending yourself.

At any rate, I wrote all that to explain how this particular blog came to be. So now you know.

And now, it is rather late, and I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow.

No comments: