20 March 2006

Gratuitous Product-Pimping

Now, I don't care too much for labels. You wear Abercrombie & Fitch, I'll shrug. You drive a Lexus, I'll barely notice as I drive one of the farm's beat-up vehicles.

You hold up a bottle of Bombay Sapphire...well, I might notice there. But Jack Daniels, eh...so what.

You show off your Glock, I might fondle it a little. But then I'll hand it back without so much as the slightest raise in my blood pressure.

I'm not into product promotion, unless it's something I know is quality. Which is why, for German dictionaries, I recommend Langenscheidt for American students.

And that is why I am adding the following links to the sidebar:

This logo needs no introduction. They are the BMW of firearms. Gotta love that German engineering. I have owned 2 USPs, one in a 9mm, one in a .45, and I personally find them to be the best in their class.


Pimping firearm manufacturer #2:
Makers of the venerable Desert Eagle. I own one of these in a .44 magnum, and it's the most comfortable, and most accurate, .44 magnum I have ever shot.

Naturally, what is a gun without ammo, so, unashamedly, I do pimp:

I fed hundreds of their 9mm loads through my first USP. It's clean, quality, and reasonably priced ammo. And it comes in about every practical rifle and pistol caliber.

My only complaint...they don't ship to Alaska! Not their fault. Their shipping options outside the CONUS are limited.




Extra OOMPH guaranteed. This is my first choice for self-defense ammo.



While I personally endorse all of the above (yes, touch the screen and receive my virtue, ye mere mortals), I am, at the time of this posting, getting absolutely zero kickbacks from these companies. But they're all good folks, and I believe in the products they manufacture.

2 comments:

the pistolero said...

What is a gun without ammo? Nothin' but an expensive club, as my stepfather's business partner is wont to say. ;-) Seriously, I've heard good things about all the products you've mentioned, though this is the first I've heard of Georgia Arms; as the situation stands right now, though, I am a broke college student and can't quite afford an H&K or Desert Eagle yet. But I've done well with my budget so far, I think; I have a couple of Ruger P-Series pistols -- in addition to the P89 I mentioned on my blog, I also have a P90 in .45ACP -- and the SP101 snubby .357. I also recently picked up my first 1911, a Springfield WWII replica. I had to send it back to the factory because once in about every 100 rounds it'd jam up on me; the spent casing would get caught in the slide as the slide was coming back into position. They told me it sounded like the extractor. I hope to find out in the next week, or two. But Springfield puts a lifetime warranty on it, so I am not worried. I've heard nothing but good things about them, as well. I hope to add more of their products to my collection.

The Mad Hatter said...

I well remember the financial strains of being a student. So, if you're looking for a good deal on ammo, try out Georgia Arms.

However, living in Texas, you're probably right next door to Cheaper than Dirt, and they have good deals on ammo, even though Wolf and Sellier & Belloit (sp?) don't quite match up to Georgia Arms.

And that's my GA pimpin' for da day.